The actual dates above are just for internal website mechanics, please disregard.
The Green Light Campaign Raffle was drawn today, July 17, 2012. The winners are as follows:
1) Raku Vase by Al Hanson: Linda & Augie Peters
2) Fused Glass Dish by Alysa Diebolt: Barb Bennet
3) Fused Glass Pendant by Alysa Diebolt: Betty Wall
4) $100 Gift Certificate to Kasota Galler at the Bonifas: Gail Rice
“We’re winners, too,” said Arts Center Executive Director Mollie Larsen. “Each person is in the drawing because they donated a low-energy, long-lasting, American-made light bulb to the Powers Gallery in our Green Light Campaign.” “We needed about 120 bulbs,” Larsen added. The Bonifas Arts Center is now halfway there. “We’re delighted to reward these friends who helped us out.”
“These prizes were donated by the artists,” Larsen said. “We appreciate Al’s and Alysa’s generosity, as well as that of our friends who purchased bulbs for the Gallery.”
We want to thank everyone who purchased bulbs in this Green Light Campaign. We are off to a good start--half way to full replacement!
You can still join the Green Light Campaign to replace all gallery lights with LED true color spots and floods. We have reached approximately 50% of our goal.
Bulbs for the Bonifas Arts Center are $55 and can be purchased online, over the phone or in person at the Center.
After switching to LEDs the Arts Center will reduce energy consumption by 82%!
About the bulbs -
• Made in Tampa by LEDnovation, an American owned and managed business
• Wattage use is 13.5 watts instead of the 75 watts our current bulbs use
• UL certified, rated life per bulb = 50,000 hours
• LEDs contain no mercury, cadmium, lead or hexavalent chromium – no harmful radiation
• Heat output is minimal so load on AC system is reduced
• Very high color rendering index so colors are represented very accurately
So far our Go Green campaign has:
• upgraded to more efficient fluorescent lights and ballasts throughout the building
• Added double-paned glass to windows
• Installed fans in the Studio
• Added an entry way into the studio area
• Modernized appliances in the kitchen
Thank you to Pro Electric, Ness Glass, Roy Ness Contracting, Sterling Lighting Systems
for helping us go green!