- This event has passed.
Toddler Art with Lorne Watson – Session 1
September 22, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 10:45 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00am on Thursday, repeating until October 27, 2016
Session 1: Thursdays, Sept. 22 – Oct. 27; from 10 to 10:45
Session 2: Thursdays, Nov. 3 – Dec. 15; from 10 to 10:45
Creative play activities and music led by professional musician and music teacher Lorne Watson. Combining fun and learning to help nurture imagination, problem solving, and motor skills. Art stations providing music and art for children to pace themselves in hands on fun. For toddlers (mobile to age 3) and their caregivers.
The Four Art Stations
1. Fine Motor Skills
- Homemade play-dough, clay, model magic and other sculpting materials will wake up the hands and fingers and prepare them for art creation.
- Markers, stamps, chalk walls, and crayons promote writing and drawing. Starting with “Dot-Dot Line” and work your way up to pictures of Mom and Dad.
2. Three- Dimensional Cognition
- Big building blocks and magnet boards will develop spatial skills. Can you build the tallest building in town? Will it fall down…..Ka Boom!
- Gluing of shapes, textiles, buttons and more will create an inspired collage. Overlap the pieces, fill up the whole paper, then sit back and imagine what the collage resembles.
3. Color Recognition
- Painting with watercolors slowly introduces a two-step process. Watch the water work its magic as it brings colors to life on the canvas.
- Brush it! Swirl it! Swoosh it! The use of poster paint will introduces color mixing and brush techniques.
4. Gross Motor Skills and Language Development
- Music time led by a teaching artist will help you master those classic children songs and learn some new ones. A complete body experience with choreographed body motions and percussion improvisation.
- Time to say goodbye with your favorite story narrated by the teaching artist. Eat a snack with the Very Hungry Caterpillar or head to town with Silly Sally, walking backwards upside down.
Per Session: $25.00 | Per Day: $5.00