The Bonifas Arts Center presents The Inspiring UP: A Photography Competition, a regional juried photography competition for professional and non-professional photographers.
This exhibit combines work by two of our leading Upper Peninsula photographers, Michael Olson and Paul Rose, with the artwork selected from U.P. artists for this competition. It is an opportune time to link both our emerging and our experienced artists in a celebration of a cherished subject matter, the Upper Peninsula. Whatever your experience, join us in celebrating insights into the land above the bridge.
Whether you’re inspired by waterfalls, lighthouses, historic sites, mighty ore freighters, deep forests, northern lights, or the rugged and unique individuals of the U.P., we invite you to let the U.P.’s natural resources and lifestyle inspire you to shoot and share. Share your UP images; landscapes, lifestyles, history, and show us how the U.P. “UPlifts” you!
ELIGIBILITY & CONDITIONS
- This competition is open to photographers 18 years and older with an Upper Peninsula address.
- To encourage new artwork entries, work previously exhibited at the Bonifas Arts Center is not eligible.
- Accepted entries need to be ready to display.
- Entries must have been completed within the last two years and you must be the photographer and owner of the copyright for any image.
It is understood that the Bonifas Arts Center has permission to reproduce images for use in connection with this exhibit, the traveling exhibit and for promotional and educational uses only. Artists will receive credit. Artwork will be returned in packaging provided by the artist.
The Bonifas Arts Center will retain a 30% commission on all artwork sold during the exhibit. Please price accordingly.
Artists are invited to submit up to three pieces for jurying. The judging will be based on three equally weighted criteria: Creativity, Originality & Craftsmanship. Once a piece has been juried into the show, no substitutions will be accepted.
- $20 Bonifas Student Members (Must be Actively enrolled in college)
- $25 Bonifas Members
- $30 Non-Bonifas Members
Please note Entry Fee is nonrefundable. Fee covers up to 3 Entries (Diptychs/triptychs count as 1 entry).
Application Entry Deadline:
* Saturday, March 4 by Noon EST (This is not a postmark date if mailing application)
- Late entries can not be accepted.
- Notification of acceptance/non-acceptance will be sent out March 11, 2017 via email.
- Image files must be 300 DPI JPEG no larger than 6”.
- Label each image with Entry # and title of work. (1a, 1b, etc. for multiple views)
- Do not include Artist Name in file or on image.
Submitting by Email:
- Fill out form, scan, and Email form along with images to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment can be mailed or dropped off at the Bonifas. We can also take credit card payment over the phone.