With a few items you may have around the house, you can create a beautiful butterfly. Be colorful and creative! And have fun.
– Toilet Paper Roll
– Paint or markers
– Colored paper or card stock
– Glue or clear tape
– Found objects to decorate wings (such as buttons, sequins, beads, se glass, flowers, etc.)
– Pipe cleaner or 2 Q-tips
– Sharpie or like pen (for eyes and mouth, if you have google eyes – you can use them!)
1. Paint or color the toilet paper roll
2. Let the toilet paper roll dry
3. Fold the colored paper orchard stock in half to make wings (the standard height of a toilet paper roll is 4.5 inches)
4. Using a pencil, draw a large left “B” to that height (4.5 inches — ask an adult if you need help)
5. Using the scissors, cut out your letter “B” to make the kings.
6. Glue the center of the “B” to your toilet paper roll and let the glue dry.
7. Use your found objects to decorate your wings with glue and let the glue dry.
8 Bend your pipe cleaner in half and tape to the back, middle of your butterfly to make antennae or tape your 2 Q-tips to the back, middle of your butterfly to create the same effect (you can even decorate the Q-tips)
9. Use a Sharpie or like pen to draw on eyes and mouth (or use google eyes if you have them)
10. Ta-dah! You have just made a beautiful butterfly!